Thursday, March 05, 2009

FINISHED- Cthulhu hat of Blasphemous Warmth

Cthulhu Hat


Isn't it totally sweet? I knit this hat for J over the holidays because I had felted the hat I previously knit him. I got the Cthulhu chart from Ravelry, and just used my Handy Book of Patterns to do the rest. I did a 2x2 ribbing brim, then knit some stockinette, then knit the chart, knit some more stockinette, then did the decreases. J really likes it and I am super happy with how it turned out. And it's my favorite yarn. Cascade 220 in Charcoal and a light grey.

Specs:

My own pattern for the hat, the chart from here: http://sinsofthedove.livejournal.com/436275.html
Yarn: MC- Cascade 220 Charcoal (84000) CC- Cascade 220 light grey of some sort.
Needles: US7

Additional information: My floats were about perfect. Just a smidgen tight in a couple of places, but not so bad that it puckers. I could knit a million of these hats. (Maybe I should get my new nephew started on the geekery early and knit a baby sized one)

Cthulhu Hat

No comments:

Post a Comment