Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Back To School Vest is Back

This week I finished the 9 Freaking Inches of 2x2 Ribbing and got started on the transition between the ribbing and waffle pattern. I hate ribbing quite a lot, but after doing this mechanical 2x2 ribbing and learning that yes, I now can purl without looking too, I don't hate it quite so much. Now, 1x1 ribbing may be another story.

I've been keeping the ravelry %-complete tracker thingie on the project page updated for this project and I've been trying to find my next project. I was thinking about knitting Baby Norgi from Knitty, but I read some comments about heavy mods to the neck opening in order to get it over the childs head. I'm also not so keen on knitting anything on size 1-3 needles, though I think I need to get over that. One bad experience with a Dale baby ULL baby hat on tiny bamboo needles and I think I'm scarred for life. I think some nice slippery metal needles (oh for shame! I may need to buy some! Addi Lace, here I come) would be a huge improvement for the type of yarn I want to use. If i was using a silk or other slippery yarn I bet the bamboo would have been ace.

In Duke news, he had another seizure this weekend. It was a pretty long one, and really scared me. We're planning to increase his medication and see how loopy it leaves him. In the beginning we had him on 2 pills per day, but after a month he was still having coordination problems, falling off things or not making jumps that he could easily make before. So with the vet's approval (and taking him in for what was probably a light sprain or strain on one of his legs) we reduced him to one pill per day. It was working great, but over the last few months we've noticed evidence of a possible seizure, and now we know for sure that he has had one.

Photograph 325

I'm starting a photography class in March  to learn how to use my new camera. For Christmas J got me a Nikon D60, which is totally awesome (see the above photo of Duke) but I want to really learn how to use it. I can use the basic functions and I have to concept of using the manual settings, I just need to learn how to make them work for what I want out of the photo. I'm sure it is going to be a lot of trial and error too. If you want to see more of the photos I've taken with the D60, check out my Flickr photostream.



No comments:

Post a Comment