Monday, November 10, 2008

A tale of two socks on two circs

I finally finished up the last stocking this weekend! I still need to photograph the stockings, felt them, and embellish them a bit before they are 100%, but the knitting portion is DONE. If I had not been so busy with Halloween stuff last week I would have finished them by the deadline. But I didn't work on them, so I didn't make the deadline. But it's done now, and that's all that matters. I'm not going to list them in the Finished Objects until I have the final pictures done and posted. I'll probably post the finished knitting pictures later tonight or tomorrow on Flickr. One funny thing I've noticed about the three stockings I have knit and are ready to felt is the difference in gauge from stocking to stocking. I didn't crunch the numbers, but I probably should. Stocking #3 seems much looser and more floppy if you will. it was knit exclusively on DPNs. Stocking #4, is a little tighter, mostly lengthwise. This one was knit starting on DPNs then switching to Magic Loop. Then Stocking #5 is the tightest of the bunch. Much tighter widthwise. This last one was knit exclusively using the 2 circ method.

Now, I have two projects to choose from. The Doomed to be in School FOREVER vest (or the BTS Vest) and yet ANOTHER pair of fuzzy feet for me to wear as slippers this time. The good news is that the leg won't have to be 9 freaking inches long, so it shouldn't take me too long to knit them. I did the cast on yesterday, and I thought I'd try doing the two socks on two circular needles. I think I hate it. As I knit in the round on DPNs, Magic Loop, or 2 circulars I like to slide stitches around from one "needle" to the other, that way I reduce laddering. It doesn't appear that I can easily do that using the 2 socks on 2 circs method. I'm going to put one of the socks on DPNs until I finish the first one and then I'll knit the second one.

I was going to cast on the vest today at lunch, but I didn't bring my book, so I couldn't remember how many stitches to cast on. Oh well, maybe I'll cast on tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment