Thursday, October 23, 2008

Stocking Challenge- Days One and Two

It looks like I'm off to a good start!

Day One- Cast on and knit 17 rows, which is just under 3 inches of the cuff.



I took this picture around 9:00 P.M., so the lighting was terrible, but you get the idea. There are a couple more pictures on Flickr.

Day Two- I added only 6 rows, but that puts me at 4 inches of knitting. No pictures last night, I was far too tired to get out the camera and then have to upload the pictures.

So far so good. If I can continue at the Day One rate of knitting I should be ready to turn the heel this weekend, and I'll have all next week to do the foot. It shouldn't be any problem for me to get it done. I did some knitting at work during lunchtime today, and I will be knitting later tonight too. Friday night J and I are going to a hockey game, so I'm going to take it there too, which will give me several hours of knitting time both in the car and at the game. Saturday will be busy, but I should have a couple of hours to devote to it while I'm making bread. (I've got a sourdough starter going right now, and I should be ready to bake Saturday, woo!)

One of the main reasons I feel like I actually have the time in the evenings to knit is because I've moved my workout to the morning before work. I just started it on Tuesday. I'm about the furthest thing from a morning person, so for me to get up a half-hour early for work to exercise it taking some work. But I've done it twice this week (and both days I was exhausted the rest of the day. I hope that changes soon) and I'm planning for 3 days next week. We'll see how it goes. I'm going to give it a month at either 4 or 5 days a week and see how I feel in the morning and during the rest of the day.




Duke wearing his Chicken Helmet Halloween Costume!

No comments:

Post a Comment