Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Bah.

It's been a rough couple of days. I found out Friday that there are some changes to my job coming up that I am certainly less than excited about. But I'm still employed, I'm not getting a pay cut, and it's nothing I cannot do, just something that I don't want to do. And very few people these days have the luxury of not doing something professionally that they just don't want to do. But it's had the effect of changing my entire outlook on my job, and significantly reducing any morale I had. I'm considering mounting a new job hunt. I don't really want to, particularly in this economy, but when one feels like the career has gone backwards a half-step, one may feel the need to shop around a bit. I'm considering, once again, a move out of state. Its doubtful, but would be a welcome change. It's worth a try anyway.

In other news, I'm knitting. I'm almost finished with stocking 4 of 5, which is for J's step-dad. Then I'll be knitting mine. I will definitely have them done before Christmas. I could even take a break from the stockings and knit mine in the period between Thanksgiving and Christmas. But I don't think I'll do that because once I finish the stockings I'm going to knit a pair as slippers, and I don't want to wait too long to get them done. My current slippers are pretty much shot. They were super cheap Payless slippers that looked kinda like Ugg boots. They are as ugly as they are comfortable. But it's been 2 winters with them and I think they are looking a little too ratty.

I also restarted the Back to School Vest. I've only done the cast on and half a row, but once I finish the stocking mentioned above I'll be able to spend a little more time on it. I'm just so sick of looking at that green yarn!!

I'm still exercising at least 3 days per week, and now I'm thinking about starting pilates again. We'll see how I'm feeling next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment