Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Fall is in the air...

and I feel like knitting! But just because I feel like knitting doesn't mean that any knitting is actually happening. I still haven't frogged the vest, it's sitting in time-out on my dresser. Maybe tonight I'll have some time to do that. I'm planning on spending a little time working on my current stocking for the Stocking Project. I'm past the heel so all I have to do is finish the foot and the toe decreases. Then all I will have to do is add some beadwork, then felt it down. But the felting will wait until I have finished the last stocking. Imagine that, I just might have some knitting done before the deadline.

I started exercising again. I can no longer fit into my wedding dress, which I was planning to wear to another wedding in less than two weeks. Before anyone worries about wedding etiquette, please note, my dress is a creamy/off white with big black polka-dots, not a poufy white monster of a dress. I'm using an elliptical machine, which makes me sweat like a pig after 5 minutes. Not the most appealing mental picture I'm sure, but it's time I got serious about being healthy and losing the 15 pounds I put on in the last year. In that vein I am trying to cut my portion sizes and have cut pop/soda out of my diet again. We'll see how that works for me. I think my next step, if I keep up with my elliptical use, will be to get Wii Fit. I've heard really great things about it, and it really sounds like a fun way to track progress.

I finally have all of the pictures from my vacation uploaded into my flickr account, and I'm working on the organization and cleanup. If you want to check them out, you can see them HERE.


No comments:

Post a Comment