Friday, August 22, 2008

Hanami Challenge Update

Well, it's been a disappointing week. I have not wanted to work on Hanami at all, but I have forced myself to complete at least 1 row each day. So that's something. Then I went crazy.

How crazy?? I am thinking about purchasing yarn for the Ivy League Vest from Interweave Knits. No, I have never knit a stranded colorwork garment. I did knit a felted bowl with some stranded colorwork that looked pretty good, but I'm not sure my skillz are up for a wearable object. So I'm thinking of buying yarn for Knitty's Baby Norgi to get started on fair isle and steeking. Still kinda scary, but not impossible. But that will be after I complete my Back To School Vest from Fitted Knits. I should receive my Knitpicks Options set today or tomorrow, so I can jump right in! I'm a little leery of picking up all those stitches at the neckline and sleeves, but it should be fine. I can practice in the meantime.

No comments:

Post a Comment