Monday, August 04, 2008

Day 1- Good start, possible complication already!

Today I got 4 rows done on Hanami during lunch. I probably could have gotten one more in, but I didn't want to risk rushing it and having to frog back. So I've got 18 more rows on repeat #1. Yeah, this is going to be slow! I want to have it done by a wedding J and I will be attending in October, I have 10 weeks to finish it if I want to make that deadline. In order to make that deadline I would have to knit 44+ rows per week, or more than 7 rows per day, and that is not allowing for blocking time either. Looks like I might have to find a way to work on it at home too. I could do it though. I'm really going to have to work at it, but I think I can do it.

And yet, with all this going on, I want to start a pair of socks. In fact, I am going to a yarn store to buy some needles to do magic loop. I just hate knitting small gauge on DPNs. For some reason it just seems so slow, and I'm afraid I'm going to snap or bend smaller gauge needles too.

No comments:

Post a Comment