Wednesday, July 09, 2008

More Renovations

So I changed the blog title and address. Not sure how that will affect feeds, but links will need to be updated. I'm now theenforcerknits.blogspot.com. That makes me happy. Allelejean was a username I chose 10 years ago, and I think TEK is more representative of who I am now. The Baron is a new nickname we gave Duke. He's now the "Baron von Fuzzytoes" or The Baron for short. Now I just have to come up with a cutsey nickname for J, and I'll be all set. If you've got any ideas, leave them in the comments!

I hope everyone had a happy holiday weekend, mine was lovely. I took Thursday off work and spent the day puttering around the house and then went shopping for my SP (Knittyboard Summerlove SP is fun!). When I got home, J was home, since he took part of the day off work. We just hung out until 8 when my parents and cousin came over. We then walked to the Lake to watch our County fireworks display. It was a lot of fun. J and my dad played House of the Dead 2 & 3 on the Wii while my mom and I looked at my 11 year old cousins pictures on Flickr. She's really good at taking pictures! She's one that moved to California recently, so it's really nice to be able to see what she's doing and keeping up with her and her siblings. Then Friday I went shopping with my cousin, eXtreme N. (We always joke about being eXtreme. I've taken many pictures with my arms crossed in an X for eXtreme) While shopping we had a great time, I bought a top from AE, some mascara from Sephora, and a Domo-kun plush from Borders. I have an unnatural love of Domo-kun. For some reason it just makes me laugh. I'm planning to take some pictures of Domo-kun in interesting places and situations. Should be fun. Saturday, J and I just hung out, picked up the house, and did really, well nothing.

And Sunday... oh Sunday SUCKED. This is where the renovations come in. We tore out our Kitchen Floor. Yep, down to the subfloor. We had 2 layers of that nasty peel-n-stick vinyl tile. I never thought I would be happy to see water damage, but thanks to the water heater leak of 2004 we were able to get under both layers of tile and peel up both at the same time. It only took J and I 7 hours to do the whole kitchen. Today another cousin is starting the install of our ceramic tile floor. It's nice to have family in the construction business! This is the same cousin who worked with J to put in the cement pad on our back stoop, so he knows what he's doing.

I'm nearly finished with another one of the Lovable Stuffed Animals from Last Minute Knitted Gifts. I'm knitting the bear this time, and he's adorable! I changed the pattern so the only seaming I have to do is the very bottom of both feet. I knit everything in the round, and even picked up stitches for the arms, so they are knit directly onto the body. It's so cute so far. I just have to finish the stuffing, close up the feet, and put on the face. I'm going to use puffy paint instead of trying to embroider the face. It's a wonder that I took so well to knitting... everything else I feel like I am terrible at. Mostly it's lack of practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment