Friday, July 18, 2008

Kitchens, Secret Pals, and Hats- Lots of pictures today!

In that order even.

The kitchen floor should be nearly complete today. J stayed home to replace the trim and seal the grout and take care of any other minor issues that come up. The floor looks great, except for one little thing. It's not all that noticeable, but it appears we may have bought 2 different kinds of tiles. Both tiles we bought were the same colors, but the balance of those colors were different. The majority of the floor has more tan, but there are several tiles that don't have all that tan. That have some, but not that much. I still love it anyway. Just another quirk for my life.

My Secret Pal for the knittyboard Summer Love SP round was Purple_Niko! She was absolutely awesome! She sent my package in 2 parts. The first part was a number of postcards and photo greeting cards that told me about where she lived. It was really cool and I really enjoyed reading her notes about each of the cards. Then I got the second part. And goodness gracious, did my jaw drop! She is wonderful.
Pictures are here!


And finally, pictures of my simple hat. I used Knitpicks Sierra (It's called something else now, but I don't remember what) in great bright blue. It's just a roll-brim hat, and for the crown decreases I followed the directions from LMKG. Those directions seem to give a smoother decrease than the decreases from the Handy Book of Patterns. Pictures are here!

No comments:

Post a Comment