Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Finished: Loveable Bear

I finished something!!!! I have what feels like a million WIPs, but I finally finished something!



Well, almost finished something. I just need to buy a ribbon and tie it around his neck, and BAM! Done!

Stats:

Pattern: Loveable Toys (Bear) from Last Minute Knitted Gifts
Yarn: Knitpicks Swish Superwash Worsted in Truffle (I used just under 1 skein)
Started: June something or other, 2008
Completed: July 9, 2008

Adjustments:
1. I knit the legs in the round. I hate seaming. It was very fiddly to start the body, but it worked out very well in the end, if I do say so.

2. For the arms, since I hate seaming, I picked up 16 stitches in a square and knit the arms in the round too. Also, kinda fiddly, since I had partially stuff the bear to place the arms, but it worked out in the end. Check this detail of the picked up stitches at the arms.






Pretty good, huh? Well, for me anyway.

3. Puffy Paint face. As stated in the other post, embriodery is not something I have much practice with. So I skipped it and painted on the face. I think the sparkles in the blue eyes really make it pop.



Now that I've worked out my seaming issues, I love thsi pattern even more!

2 comments:

  1. I love the puffy paint face! Clever! He's so cute! Almost like he's made of chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this little guy. He's very friendly!

    ReplyDelete