Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Torture: You're Doing It Wrong

Okay, so I don't usually go political on this blog, it's more about knitting, Duke, hockey, or other randomness. But this deserves a headline. I was listening to NPR on my way home last night, and as part of the news they were reporting on THIS. When the reporter said "If the detainee dies, you're doing it wrong" my immediate thought was an lolcat. And I nearly laughed, and then I felt bad, because torture, terrorism, pain, and death are not funny. But seriously, you would think that the Pentagon lawyer would have been better able to write something and little more serious sounding.

In my boring life:

1. knitting- yes, I'm still knitting. But just not that often. I hit a rut or something. I have a couple of projects on the needles that I am working on, just a row or two a week. So it's slow. I'm working on an ipod case and the bear from Last Minute Knitted Gifts.

2. Duke- He's fine. We knocked his meds down to once per day, and he's fine with it. No seizures that we've seen, so it just looks like he's the rare cat with epilepsy. Figures huh? At least the meds only cost $11 for 90 days. The only side effect he seems to be having is that he is not using his litterbox as regularly as he used to. So we've had to start giving him wet food mixed with canned pumpkin to keep things going. Still, all in all, a fairly cheap treatment.

3. Hockey- The Wings won the cup! That was super exciting. I didn't get to go to the Parade, which sucked, but my cousin did. Her pictures are awesome. I'll go next time though.

4. Baking- I hit a baking streak where I was making cupcakes and cheesecakes, cookies and brownies. It was awesome. I think I might do some more baking later this week, or next week.

5. There a several reasons why the knitting has been given a backseat- MarioKart, CivIV, pogo, I've been playing a lot more Kingdom of Loathing, and I'm reading Elizabeth and Mary: Cousins, Rivals, Queens. It's a slower book to read than my normal, but I am really enjoying it. It's a vast difference from my usual cheesy romance novels. It's about history, and includes references in case you want to fact-check.

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha, you know it's sad, but yes that does sound like something a LOLcat would "say"! Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete