Friday, May 09, 2008

Round 3, Game 1, Sweet…

First off, Read this. Mitch Albom needs to come back down to reality. Not to brag, but DH and I could possibly afford tickets to a game. It would be a large budget item, and we would not be eating out at restaurants and have to make other cuts to our entertainment for longer than I would want to. So instead, we stay home, watch the game (and bake cupcakes- more on that later) and put some extra money in savings just in case of layoffs. It was just over a year ago that I was in danger of becoming unemployed. I got lucky, I found a new job before I had to call MARVIN. It put the fear of god into me, and I don’t want to have to worry about that again. DH and I are faithfully paying off debt and should have everything but my student loans and our mortgage paid off by the end of 2009- 18 months away or less. We’ve stopped carrying credit card balances, everything charged is paid off right away, either by earmarked funds, work reimbursement, or the emergency fund. But that’s not changing the fact that our monthly cost for gasoline has nearly doubled. I don’t even want to think about that. It’s too bad I need to be at my job everyday, or I would ask to work 4 ten-hour days per week.

Okay, enough about that crappy article and my fiscal response to the economic climate in Michigan. On to the Cupcakes! So my new favorite site is How to Eat a Cupcake. The recipes she posts are awesome. I have made two of them now, Neapolitan Cupcakes and the Hershey’s Chocolate Cupcakes. I overcooked the Neapolitan Cupcakes, but the Hershey’s ones were perfect! Also, her Swiss Meringue Buttercream Frosting is to die for. I love it. I made the strawberry version as directed in the Neapolitan Cupcake recipe, and for the chocolate cupcakes I made the same recipe but used red raspberry jam instead of strawberry. It is AWESOME.

Photograph 438

Knitting is still going on, I started the bear from Last Minute Knitted Gifts, but I’m only halfway done with the first leg. Instead of knitting flat and seaming I am trying my hand and knitting it in the round and going from there. I hate seaming and the less I have to do the best for everyone involved. I’m still working on the super secret project, it’s coming along well, and I probably only have another half-hour to hour of work to do. Here’s a hit though- Knitpicks Shine Sport on US3 Bamboo DPNs. Yeah, my hands hurt after awhile.

I’m thinking of trying my hand at a video blog post. DH and I bought an older version of a Roxio video editor (I think it was the last version, I’m not exactly sure) and I want to play with it. He’s going to think I’m nuts, but I like the idea. I just wonder if he would be so kind as to run the camera for me! Otherwise it’s a tripod and a prayer for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment