Friday, May 02, 2008

Get your brooms!!

It was a sweep! Last nights game was amazing, or so I hear. The puck dropped at 10:00 P.M. EST, so I only watched part of the first period before I went to bed. That’s one crappy thing about living so far away from work, but I digress. The game was won by a 6 goal margin- Red Wings 8, Avalanche 2. That’s pretty amazing. You rarely seem to see games with 5 goals total between the two teams, much less one team getting 8! It’s a happy day in Hockeytown, but it won’t last too long, as the Cup’s not here yet.

Still knitting away on my super secret project, and I bought a hank of Manos del Uruguay Wool Silk. It’s BEAUTIFUL! I got color #3119, which may or may not be called Abode. It’s denimy blues and khaki tans. I only have 150 yards, so I should be able to get a hat out of it. I’m thinking of using the Odessa Pattern again. It’s such a great and easy pattern, I think it would look great with this color way. I have been meaning to take some pictures, but it’s been a little too overcast by the time I get home from work to get a good color-true picture.

I just talked to my mom, last night my grandpa’s went to the hospital. I don’t know exactly what’s going on, but I’m sure he’s going to be fine. I’ll visit him on Saturday. It’s funny, just last weekend I bought him a Nintendo Wii. He had been looking for one since I had brought mine over, he thought it would be fun for the kids, and that maybe he would have some fun with it too. (But mostly for the kids.) We had an absolute blast playing Raving Rabbids 2 and Wii Sports. I thought ahead enough to bring over extra controllers so we didn’t have to share controllers.

We’re supposed to get thunderstorms and it’s overcast and windy out. It makes me want to take a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment