Tuesday, March 11, 2008

OMG! Is it for real! Yes, a new post!

Every time I say I’m going to write a blog post it either just doesn’t happen, or I write it and it doesn’t get posted because then I have to add pictures and stuff. Add that to the fact that I’m just now starting to knit regularly again, it certainly doesn’t make for anything interesting on a knitting blog. But here I am trying yet again. I know a big part of my problem has come with my job change. I now work at a place that I take a lot more seriously, so I only get on the internet at lunch time. Then I have a 45 minute to an hour commute each way, so by the time I get home, I’m ready to drop. I typically will cook dinner and watch my TiVo-ed General Hospital then I’ll read or watch more TV. Any time I’m spending on the computer at home is being taken up by me and J playing Civilization 4.

Here is proof of the knitting. Photograph 422
This is a Christmas Stocking I’m making for J. I was hoping it would be done before Christmas, but as you can see, it’s March and I’m still working on it. I’ve got about 8 inches done in the foot, so another inch or so and I will start the toe decreases. Since it doesn’t have to be done for another 9 months I won’t felt it until I’ve completed the other two I want to get done before the holidays.

This is the small amount of progress I’ve made on Hanami. Photograph 419
It’s difficult for me to find the time without distraction to sit down and concentrate on the lace pattern. Granted, the pattern is pretty easy, I’m just having trouble working with the lace weight yarn on size 3 needles. I finally upgraded to Addi Lace needles though and that makes things much easier. If I was doing this in worsted it would go much faster. Hanami in worsted would make a gorgeous heirloom baby blanket, I think. If there were fewer repeats of both patterns so it was more square, it would be perfect. Now I have something else to think about.

Next up in the queue will be hats for me and J. I need one as my current flece hat is much ridiculed (sorry, but warm ears is more important to me than looking cute) and I accidently shrunk the one I knit for J last year. Oops. But mine comes first. I have some super soft and lovely Llama yarn in a great burgundy color that I’m going to use on mine. I need to buy yarn for his; it will probably be some grey cascade 220 or something like that. Maybe a superwash.

No comments:

Post a Comment