Saturday, February 02, 2008

Wow... 2 months have passed

I didn't mean to be away so long. I'll be honest though, my job and family are kicking my butt. I love my job, but not the hour and a half that I spend in the car each way getting there and back. My family... oh my family. The drama just sucks. A certain family member managed to get arrested and spend Christmas in jail. All due to a prescription drug addiction. Not that I don't sympathize with someone fighting an addiction, I just find it difficult to use the addiction as a way to explain away all the bad behaviour and make everything okay. Because of my feelings about this, I have been avoiding this family member, but doing so has me not being around the family that I love as much as I would like. But things are moving on. This person has stopped using and is attending NA meetings daily. I hope it works. God, do I hope it works. Due to the stress I have not been knitting nearly as much as I would like, which really means, none since the beginning of the year. I've also decided to make the switch to having 2 flickr accounts. I now have allelejean for all of my non-knitting photos, and I have theenforcerknits for all of my knitting photos. Later today or maybe tomorrow I will be posting my experience going to the North American International Auto Show in Detroit. Hopefully I will starting feeling better and start knitting again soon. Then I will probably blog a lot more.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your comment. Sadly the program hubs is in is in Manhattan--a $10 train ride away (or a guaranteed stroke if I tried to drive!) so even if they did have a family program, it wouldn't fit.
    Good luck to you. I wouldn't wish this crap on anyone. It's so freaking emotionally draining.

    But on a lighter note--the Auto Show!!!!!! How exciting! It's like Michigan's second Christmas! :-)

    ReplyDelete