Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Wii would like to play

Knitting productivity has taken another hit! We got a Wii. It’s freaking sweet. We’ve only got Wii Sports and Wii Play, but they are so much fun. J and I are doing a lot of bowling. So far I hold the high score! Hopefully in the next couple of week we’ll get a wireless router so we can connect it to the internet. I can’t wait to have mii friends and Tetris. It’s just not the same on an emulator.

I have been doing a little knitting at work. I’ve been keeping the mini-clapotis in my desk drawer to work on during lunch time. I’ve made a little progress; I think 3 repeats in the last 2 weeks. But it’s getting there. My current goal is 10 straight repeats then I will measure length and determine how many more I am going to try for. Right now, it’s looking like 15 might be perfect, but I want to see where 10 gets me. I really need to get to work on it, as I want to start Hanami. I have the yarn. I bought a cone of Jagerspun Zephyr, a wool/silk blend, in a cream/off white color. I measured off 1000 yards (the pattern calls for 880 yards) and have it in a hank. I need to decide if I’m going to dye it. What I was thinking was leaving the bulk of the shawl white and dying the yarn for the ruffle bind-off pale pink. I also think I want pale pink beads for the basket weave edge. It looks like I’m going to have to go shopping! (I need- dye, beads, and a tiny crochet hook) I really ought to get a swift as well.

The new job is still going well. It’s a lot to get used to, but I think it’s going okay.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the comment x The wii sounds great, my son would love one!

    ReplyDelete