Tuesday, September 25, 2007

A lot has changed.

1.      J and I finally got married. It was exactly the kind of wedding I thought we would have. Simple, private, and with just enough kookiness to tell a good story. You can see some of the pictures we took on our vacation/ wedding trip here. We went to Smokey Mountains National Park and the surrounding tourist area, Atlanta to the Aquarium and to visit a friend, and to Mammoth Cave National Park. It was a great trip, though I was happy to get home.

 

2.     I got a new job. I was hired by a Japanese auto manufacturer, one of the OEMs (Original Equipment Manufacturer- so the company that makes and sells the final cars), to work in the HR department of their Research and Development Division in North America. It's an awesome job and was quite the step up. And then, my first day, I got a promotion. Some things had changed between my acceptance of the original offer and my first day, so they decided to give my position more responsibility, a better title, and a higher salary.

 

3.     I am still knitting, and there is a girl at my new job who knits too! I finished a cute little baby hat last week, but I was on a deadline and didn't get a chance to photograph it. I'll paint a word-picture instead!

 

It was made from Knitpicks Swish Superwash (worsted) in the Aloe color. I used the pattern for "Children's Cotton Hats " from Last Minute Knitted Gifts to determine the number of stitches to cast on and where to do the decreases. I did a simple roll brim but left out the eyelets and tie. I was going to do a top-knot finish to the top by knitting a few inches of i-cord at the top. But after I knit the i-cord it looked like a stem. So I grabbed my copy of Fitted Knits and used the instructions from the Cropped Leaf Tie Cardigan (I forget it's actual name) to knit a little leaf. I attached it using a bastardized kitchener stitch, but it looked cute! I wish I would have gotten a good picture of it.

         

I've bought the yarn to start a new project, Hanami. Oh, how I love this pattern. I bought a cone of Jagerspun Zephyr that I'm going to use. I got the plain white color that is suggested for dying. I'm trying to decide if I should try to dye the yarn a pale pink, or if I should knit the whole thing in white except for the final ruffle, and dye that pink. I'm leaning towards just a pink ruffle. I'm open to opinions.

 

4.     I'm thinking of starting my own hand-dyed yarn company. I have my shops name picked out and I know what exactly I'm going to be dying. I just need to get some supplies and get a logo designed. I'm hoping to find an art student who needs to add to his/her portfolio, possibly my cousin, an Art Student at University of Toledo. But if anyone wants to design it for me, send me an email with your terms to allelejean AT charter DOT net- with my blog address in the subject so I don't think it is spam.

 

5.     I don't know how much time I'm going to have to be updating this blog, so the posts may become few and far between. I will be posting finished objects though, as I don't really feel like a project is finished unless I have shared it with the world.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment