Tuesday, May 08, 2007

I’m tired

It’s such a beautiful day, 80 degrees and sunny, light breeze, low humidity, but all I want to do is take a nap in a cool, dark room with fluffy blankets. Last night was a late night. I stayed up to watch the Red Wings beat the San Jose Sharks 2-0. It was a great well-played game. The discipline of both teams was evident in the lack of penalties but hard hits.

I actually knit a couple of rows on Picovoli today at lunch. We sat outside in the shade, not too warm or too cold, and didn’t really want to come back to our desks. Temptation was to bring our laptops and cellphones out to the table in the shade and work from there. Unfortunately, I’m back at my desk, working to keep my eyes open and fighting a headache.

Tomorrow I have an interview. I’m not nervous yet, but it will hit me tomorrow. I hope tonight I have time to finish the yoke of the Picovoli and get the arm holes set up so I can do some mindless knitting to calm my nerves. In preparation for my interview I’m getting a haircut tonight. I’m not sure what it’s going to look like, probably much like it does now, just a tad bit shorter. I tend to give the stylists free reign with my hair, but they don’t seem to want to get creative. Which, in a way, is completely understandable, as I couldn’t imagine having something so personal as a hairstyle in my hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment