Thursday, March 01, 2007

Super Swatch!

My friends Skater-guy and his wife are having a boy! I’m super excited for them, but slightly disappointed for myself. Why would I be disappointed? Well, I had this great baby sweater planned that was very feminine and now I have to re-think it. But I got some gorgeous yarn at Michaels that I think is going to be awesome.

I picked up a skein of Patons SWS in Denim to make a baby hat, which I swatch in Garter, Stockinette, and both 1x1 and 2x2 ribbing. This isn’t the best picture, but I’m having trouble figuring out how to widen the focus on my camera. It likes to focus on one small point. It’s time to read the manual!

Paton's SWS
This is a bunch of bonus yarn pr0n of the Paton’s SWS. I’ll be posting more YP goodness tomorrow afternoon.

I also got some Paton’s Shetland Chunky Tweed in a tan with blue flecks to knit the baby sweater out of. I’m going to knit a 6 month size (the baby is due in June) with a wider neck, to make the on-off struggle easier. I really think it’s going to turn out wonderful.

Here is another picture of Duke. My cat is a mouth-breather.
Duke 005

1 comment: