Tuesday, January 16, 2007

It is by sheer will and determination

Knitting continues on the stocking cap of doom. I have approximately 80 rows left to knit. Of course, the number of stitches per row is decreasing SLOWLY, but this thing is taking forever. It looks super cool though. I have it off the circular needles and on to the DPNs, though I think I made the transition a little bit early. I’m thinking J’s step-dad can wear it when he is hunting. Though I should have done an orange stripe for hunting safety. I’m probably going to have almost a whole ball of yarn left over at the end too. I think Cascade 220 just became my yarn of choice for the Christmas stocking adventure I am soon to undertake. My next step is going to be to gather all of the designs I have and try to put them together in rough sketches. Easier said than done, I’m sure. And I have to go through all of the different cascade 220 colors and decide which ones I’m going to use. But it should be fun a project to undertake. I’m making a “Project Sheet” for it to follow my progress. Eventually it will be shared on Google Docs, but not right away. Hmm… Maybe I’ll change the format to fit excel and then I can put in percentages and graph it. That would be fun. Yes, I am a dork.

I took some pictures of the hat in progress on my lunch, and I’ll upload them when I get home because I forgot my USB cable at home.

<>And now: Photo Goodness!

1 comment:

  1. Awww, this is going to look really awesome - it already does, actually! What a great colour, and the yarn looks oh so yummy!

    Dipsy
    http://www.millharrow.com

    ReplyDelete