Monday, December 11, 2006

There just isn't enough time for everything.

I finished the last Branching Out, finally, on the 4th of December. Talk about a sigh of relief! I got both blocked off and out the door to their new owner, and much gushed over. Hooray. I am going to do my best NOT to do any more deadline knitting unless I start LONG in advance. I'm just too good at procrastinating. And, in evidence of my hurry to get the Branching Out's of Doom out of my house, I did not get any pictures of the pink one! They wouldn't have been very good pictures to begin with, but still. Oh well.
 
I started knitting a cap for J. But it was too big as I was knitting it. I removed it from the needles and put it on some floss to have him try on, just to make sure. Yep, just a tad bit loose. So I ripped it out. It was so cute, he apologized 3 times or more while I was doing it. I wasn't mad or upset or anything. It's just a wool hat in left over Cascade 220 from my French Market Bag. I'm knitting it on US7s so it knits up pretty quick. I know some people get upset when they have to frog a project. Thus far, I have approached it as a part of the knitting process. I figure if I'm going to have a finished object, it better be right. Though I am not a perfectionist by any means, that just means that depending on the mistake I will either let it go and keep knitting, or rip back as far as needed.
 
I don't know that I'll be posting much for the next week at least.  We're doing 2 audits in 2 weeks here at work and it's going to kill me. This weeks is just a 2 day, but it's still draining. And every night this week it seems like something is going on. But there is a light. I get the week between Christmas and New Year's off work as holiday pay (the only thing I love about automotive) . And for Christmas I'm getting a NEW DIGITAL CAMERA!! HOORAY. I'm getting a Sony similar to the one I currently have, but with 7.2 megapixels. And I can once again participate in YPF!
 
Oh, and here's a little jingle about the Duke...
 
Duke-wad the Christmas Cat,
He is smelly and he is Fat!
(we walk around the house singing this when we put his reindeer antlers on him.)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment