Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Project Complete!

Child's Placket Neck Pullover from Last Minute Knitted Gifts
Size: 6 to 12 months
Yarn: Cascade Sierra (80% Pima Cotton / 20% Merino Wool) Color # 20 (Navy)
Needles: US7 16inch Bryspun Circular, US7 Brittany Birch Double Points
Started: 9/2/06
Completed: 9/16/06
Holy crap, I cannot believe I finished this sweater, and so quickly! I really should have had it done on Thursday, but as I was weaving ends I managed to undo a stitch in the seed stitch placket. So I let it sit for 2 days and then looked at it again. And somehow, I managed to fix it! I still don't know what I did to fix it, but no one seems to see where the mistake was. The dark color helps, I'm sure. I used round orange beads instead of buttons, which ended up a little uneven. But that's part of what makes it special to me. The little imperfections that will say that someone spent a lot of time and love creating something for someone else. (Also, the mommy-to-be can knit so she knows what goes into it)
Anyway, I really liked the pattern though in some areas I found it to be confusing. Particularly where the placket was cast on, and separately where the arms were joined. But I muddled through and I have a terribly marked up copy of the corrected version of the pattern that I need to turn into a coherent excel spreadsheet so that when (not if) I make this pattern again I won't have to try to figure it out again. I think part of my problem was that the pattern seemed to me to be written more conversationally than technically.
I still don't have a camera, hopefully next week we will get to the store to get a new one. In the meantime I'm using a borrowed camera to photograph the sweater. I just might get the photos tonight, and posted tomorrow, but I'm not going to promise anything. I'm thinking this weekend for sure though.
------------------
Today it is only going to get into the 60's (F) which is SCARF WEATHER! (I'm also wearing a light sweater, but that's not the point) I'm wearing my Branching Out today! It's the inaugural wear and my first scarf of the fall.


Branching Out Mosaic
It was a busy weekend outside of the knitting. On Saturday J's dad came to visit, and it was nice. Until he left. About a half hour away from our house he hit a boat chair that had fallen from someone's boat, (he couldn't swerve due to traffic) and punctured his oil tank (is that what it's called?) . Anyway, J had to go get him, and they called J's Aunt and Uncle who have a flat bed for their son's drag-race car. The Aunt and Uncle drove up, and J's dad didn't really leave the area until nearly 8pm, when he had tried to leave our house at 1pm!
Sunday, J and I spent working around the house, then I went to visit my grandparents. I love to visit them. It's always such a calm place, there's always some kind of food, my grandpa is a great cook and baker (oh, his fresh bread is FANTASTIC), and the company is always nice. There is almost always something to talk about, they really care about what's going on in my life, from my job, to my knitting, to the cat. It's like a second home to me. Even if I don't feel much like talking, I can take my knitting and lay on their couch. There have been several lazy afternoons where Papa's napping in his chair, grandma is napping back in the bedroom, and I'm conked out on the couch.

No comments:

Post a Comment