Tuesday, September 05, 2006

It's been a long 9 days!

J comes home today! He's been gone 9 days, and it seems like FOREVER! I really didn't think I would miss him nearly as much as I did. Even the Duke was missing him. Yes, I could tell. Duke is not usually much of a cuddler, except right when we get up in the morning, or right when I get home from work. 8 hours is too long for him to be alone, apparently. Anyway, Duke spent a lot of time cuddling in my lap while J was gone. Which was AWESOME. It's the whole reason I wanted a cat. I love just having him sleeping in my lap or purring while I pet him.
 
I finally got the right needles for the baby sweater I'm working on. It's the Child's Placket Neck Pullover from Last Minute Knitted Gifts. I subbed the Koigu for Cascade Sierra in Navy Blue. I'm thinking I may do the seed stitch collar in lime green, though I haven't bought that yarn yet. I've already got the lower body portion done, and now I'm working on the sleeves. Pretty good work for 2 days of knitting. If I continue working on it this much, I should have it done in time for the baby shower.  
 
And of course, since I went to the yarn store, I had to buy some yarn. They still had the 40% off on some yarns, and I got some lovely Plymouth Yarn Suri Merino in color 799 (I think). It's a fantastic heathered green. I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do with it, but you can be sure that it will be something for me. Hmm... Anyway, I got 2 balls for $6 or so. I thought it was a pretty good deal. I managed to spend about $20, I got some Brittany Birch DPNs and a set of Bryspun Circs. Surprisingly I like the Bryspuns. I thought "eww plastic- but they're half the cost of the Addi's" and now I'm kinda hooked.

1 comment:

  1. Hope you had a happy reunion!
    Your final package is done and in the mail TOMORROW! ;)

    Hope you like....

    :)
    MJ

    ReplyDelete