Wednesday, September 20, 2006

I feel like Buffy the Vampire Slayer...

Not the Sarah Michelle Geller version... the 90's (late 80's?) version. Why do I feel like that??? I'm knitting with Knit Picks Gloss (Recommended Needle size: US4) on US11 needles!!! I feel like I'm knitting with stakes! Why would I do such a thing? the Airy Scarf from Last Minute Knitted Gifts. This book was a great investment for me. I'm making the scarf as a Christmas gift for my Grandma. And one of my next projects is going to be one of the hats with earflaps for J. I'll probably get some more Cascade 220 and use the Grey I have left over from my French Market Bag and do a stripe or 2.
 
The Airy Scarf is coming along nicely, I really like the look of the Gloss. It's really squishy in this pattern and feels really nice. I just keep squeezing what I have done of the scarf. I just finished a spreadsheet/ checklist for each row so I can keep track of where I'm at, though if I'm a row or 2 off, I don't feel like it really matters.
 
Aw crap. I feel like I could get sick. So far 2 of the managers that sit by me have been sick, and a friend of mine is sick. I have a slightly stuffy nose, fuzzy head, and a dry throat. I really hope I don't get sick. I don't get sick very much, but when I do, it can get bad. I guess one good thing about getting sick, lots of knitting time!

1 comment:

  1. I just finished the Airy Scarf using kid silk haze and it knit up really quickly. I like the idea of using the Gloss on massive needles - you should try 15 and 20mm needles, you feel like Alice in Wonderland after she's shrunk.

    Sounds like you have a cold, it's about the right time of year. Hope you're feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete