Monday, August 14, 2006

An uneventful week

Thursday...
 
Rough Day. I had to coordinate a safety lunch for the plant. Actually 5 lunches. The first lunch was short food. I could not figure out why they were short, until I spoke with the HR manager. Apparently the headcount changed on that shift and we had added nearly 10 people! Then I was talking to a co-worker. His newborn granddaughter is in the hospital and they don't know what wrong or if she is going to recover. Then I talked to my mom.. my aunt was in the hospital that day AND my sister had really bad food poisoning  and nearly had to go to the hospital. Wait, there's more- to top it off, another co-worker asked me to sign a card for another co-worker whose mother passed away. That was a lot to take in. Especially the baby being sick. But I made it through the day. And J and I went to Quiznos for dinner, which was great. I love our local Quiznos. But that's another story... On the way home we saw a Coyote! I was awestruck. I didn't think we'd see one in this urban of an area. (Not to say we live in a very urban area, but that I would think they would stick to a more rural area, like near my parents house)
 
Friday...
 
Not a bad day! The rest of the lunches went well, and I got to make a knitpicks order. I hope my SP likes what I got her. I also ordered "Last Minute Knitted Gifts" for me. I've leafed through my friends and I've been wanting to get my own. So I did. Other than that, spent the evening recovering from the week and worked on the Baby Blue Hat.
 
Saturday...
 
Family Reunion. I think I knew maybe 10 people there. I put my yarn in my skirt pocket and walked around knitting on the baby hat. It was not a bad time, but I was drained once we got home. Of course, my crazy alcoholic Aunt had to get completely wasted and make a fool of herself. But that's par for the course. I was actually surprised that she wasn't acting like an idiot sooner. But my Dad had a good time, which is what was important (it's his family, they don't see each other often).
 
Sunday...
 
Grocery shopping, cleaning, and naps! Then my friend from AZ and his girlfriend came over with his cousin, my friend the nurse. Had a great time just hanging out and talking, even though all of us were completely exhausted.
 
 
All in all I've got 3 inches of the brim of the baby blue hat done, and very little else knitting wise. I did buy some stuff to make stitch markers, but I'm not quite sure how to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment