Friday, August 25, 2006

Finished! Baby Blue Hat

I just, as in 10 minutes ago, finished the Baby Blue Hat! It is adorable. I made it similar to the Umbilical Cord Hat from SnB, but I ended up using the book my SP sent me, by Ann Budd, to determine the correct number of stitches by gauge, because I used Dale Baby ULL, which was significantly smaller gauge than the yarn used in the pattern. So I have a roll brim baby hat with a top-knot at the top. Did I say it is super cute? Since I had hand dyed the yarn, the effect as I decreased down was rather amazing, and once I reached the Icord I was getting stripes. As soon as I get home I'm going to take some pictures to post, which are going to be the last pictures of my knitting for nearly 2 weeks.
 
Why is that, you wonder? Well, J is going on an "Adventure"! He and a friend are traveling out west for 9 days, leaving very early this Sunday morning. They are flying into Omaha, and then renting a car and visiting various National Parks and other points of interest. I, unfortunately, was not invited, nor do I have the vacation time from work, so I am staying home. It's just going to be me and Duke, eating ice cream for dinner, for 9 days. I am so jealous! So J is taking the camera and is promising to take tons of pictures so that I can live vicariously through him.
 
Luckily I have a lot of stuff to keep my busy while he is gone. I'll be playing a crap ton of Pogo. This week there are 2 additional Personal Challenges, and I've picked hard ones. Also, I've signed up for Kingdom of Loathing, which has proven to be pretty schweet. And then there is the knitting. I have to do a baby sweater (I've chosen the one from Last Minute Knitted Gifts) for the same baby that is getting the hat. And J wants a hat, so I'm going to use up some of my leftover Cascade 220. And I want to start a lace weight scarf for me. And I want to do a lacy scarf for my grandma. Is that enough knitting?? Nope, not for me! I also want to do a hat and mittens set for me, and if there is enough yarn a small key hole scarf. Oh, and I want to knit my mom a Christmas present too. So I think this is going to be the priority list.
 
1. Baby Sweater (and possibly a matching bag from L-M K G)- Baby Shower 9/30/06
2. Scarf for me
3. Scarf for Grandma -12/24/06
4. Hat for J
5. Hat for me
6. Gift for mom -12/24/06
7. Mittens for me
8. Pink baby hat for next person I know who has a baby girl
 
The dates represent when I will need to have them done by. Our family Christmas party is on Christmas Eve, so I've only got until the 24th to get those ones done. I would like to have J's hat done by Thanksgiving, and the rest is for me, so there is no real deadline.
 
I think that's enough for now. There'll be pictures tonight.
 

1 comment:

  1. Kingdom of Loathing is a lot of fun. I had a pastamancer for a while during a break from Guild Wars, not sure why I let it slip, but I loved the stick figure graphics and the fact you only had a certain amount of turns per day.

    The hat looks great. Is that Kool-Aid?

    ReplyDelete