Saturday, July 08, 2006

Vacation time!

For the week of the 4th, my plant shut down, which means VACATION! WOO!! We had planned on going up to Traverse City, but with the Duke illness, we just couldn't go. I was pretty sad, but we have had a very nice, relaxing week. I've finished one project, and started another, of course.

The Daffodilly Scarf is DONE!
Daffodilly Scarf Finshed 1
Daffodilly Scarf Finshed 2
I also have some YARNOGRAPHY! I really feel like I'm getting better with the camera. This is some Manos I bought off of ebay.
My creation
So the week has been pretty much uneventful. Duke is doing great, you can't even tell he's been sick. We watched the Lord of the Rings Trilogy over 3 days, which was great. Done a little cooking, went out with friends a lot, and we walked down to the beach to watch the fireworks from the State Park. Of course, with the 4th all the idiots get to play with fire and explosives, and this includes the gas station workers, on the other side of the block from us. (Actuall, from the main road, there is the gas station, then a house, then my house!) Yes, some dumbass set off some fireworks in the GAS STATION parking lot!!!! Luckly the gas station did not catch fire, but one would think that if you are not supposed to smoke while filling your gas tank, that it would be REALLY bad to do fireworks in the vicinity.

J and I have been working on the one home improvement project of the week. I got the stained glass, and he is learning how to use his router. We are going to replace the decorative piece that goes over the sink (between the upper cabinets) with our own piece. I really think it's going to look beautiful.
I think I'm going to take another nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment