Friday, July 14, 2006

It's a BOY!

I just found out that my friend is going to have a BOY! YEA! Operation Knit Cute Stuff is going to be kicked off tomorrow, and I cannot wait to start the knitting. First up will be the umbilical cord baby hat from SnB. I dyed some Dale Baby ULL bright blue and brown which I'll use for the hat. I'm not sure what else I'm going to make, quite possibly a baby sweater and some wash clothes. Put it together with some baby soap, powder, and toiletries and I'll have a cute gift.
 
Knitting: I've finished my first ball of yarn on the branching out. I got 15 repeats out of the first ball, so I've got a count down. Currently, I'm 16/30! I cannot believe I've gotten it done so fast. Pathetic, but this is really quick knitting for me. 16 repeats is about 25 inches long, and the scarf is 6 inches wide. I'd looking like it'll be PERFECT! I'm think of making one for my mom for Christmas in Debbie Bliss Cotton Cashmere or something similar. She doesn't much like wool, so whatever I make her that is wearable, must be cotton. I'm also going to get some sort of silk blend to make something for J's grandmother. She is such a sweet lady, and I really want to put the  thought and effort into something fantastic. I've posted on the knittyboard about a rose lace pattern that I could adapt into a scarf or small shawl. I think I've chosen one, I just have to do a little more research.
 
Yeah, I've still done nothing on Picovoli. This is exactly why I didn't want to have more than one project going, but like most other Knitters, I just can't help myself. I promise once I get new needles I'll start going on it like a fiend. And once this first of many branching out's is finished too.
 
 
I slept like a baby last night. It was great.

No comments:

Post a Comment