Tuesday, July 25, 2006

I hate when I don't get much of a weekend

It was a super busy week at work last week, and an extra busy weekend at home. I just don't feel rested at all. First off, at work, we had lunch brought in for all employees to celebrate 2 years without a lost time accident. That is a huge accomplishment in a production facility such as ours. The hard part for me was that I have to coordinate the drinks for the 2 days of lunches. Yeah, it doesn't sound too bad written down like that, but on Thursday I went to Meijer and bought 20 twelve-packs of pop. Yes, 20. Not to mention the 66 lbs. of ice. Then was the lifting and arranging of the pop to go to each shift. My legs and back were killing me on Friday, but I couldn't stop because we needed MORE ice. Yep, another 66 lbs of it. At the end of it all, lunch was very good, I got everything done, and managed to get out of the door at work early. Why did I leave early on Friday, Well, there was the Michigan Brewers GuildAnnual Summer Beer Festival! Luckily our friends live less than a mile away from the park where the event was held, so we all met up there and walked over. There was much beer drinking to be had. We tried many many types of beer, some good, some not so good. Surprisingly enough, none of us got drunk! On Saturday we had a casual wedding reception to go to. One of J's college friends got married in March in Chicago, and they had a Michigan reception for the family and friends who didn't make the wedding. It was quite fun and the food was really good. Sunday was more of the same. We met up with the newly married couple and our friends from the Beer Fest and went to dinner. I would like to apologize to my SP, who I believe is nederlass! I have not had a chance to update the blog with the pictures of the package you sent me. But trust me, the sock yarn has been traveling with me just waiting for me to learn socks! And my grandma and I spend yesterday evening going through the IK looking at all the pretty patterns. I think she wants me to knit most everything in the book (for myself, of course!). Hopefully, I will find the time to add a post tonight with the pics. Thanks again for the fantastic gifts!

1 comment:

  1. Woah!!! I'm BUSTED! :)
    Glad you liked your gifts so far. There's still one more to come, but you'll have to wait till I get back to the US. ;)

    Phew, I sure like not having to sneak around anymore!

    Happy Knitting April!
    MJ

    ReplyDelete