Friday, June 09, 2006

This needed it's own post!

2006 photos 084
I got my first SP Package! I'm so happy! She did such a great job. As you can see there is ALPACA! Suri Dream from KnitPicks (in a color that I absolutely LOVE). I cannot wait to figure out what I'm going to make with it. I want something I can wear... probably a hat and scarf. I might even make a Branching Out with it, instead of using the CE Renaissance that is pictured it the last post. Oh the possibilities...
Also in the package is the book "The Knitter's Handy Book of Patterns" by Ann Budd.Guess who is going to learn SOCKS this summer???? I've looked it over, and I think this is really going to help me read patterns and drawings, and help me understand gauge. (I use it, but I'm not good at figuring out how to alter based on what my gauge is)
Then there was some starburst. Yes, was. YUM. My favorite. :) As well as my favorite brand of tea, Tazo. I've had this sampler package before, and I absolutely love it. And, since I want to learn cableing, my wonderous SP sent 2 cable needles. I cannot wait to start my Irish Hiking Scarf! (hmmmmm... I wonder how the CE Renaissance would work for that?)
2006 photos 086
Oh, and a little aside to my SP... Duke the Jerk was not so interested in the cat toy you sent... but as soon as my back was turned he went for a ball of the alpaca. It's not mangled badly, luckly for him. I'll be winding it into a ball and stashing it in the closet for protection, just in case. So the "pre-mangled" ball is just fine. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!
2006 photos 088
Duke says "SORRY!"

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you like everything!!
    It was a fun challenge to find things I wouldn't normally pick for myself, like the color blue for the Alpaca, or the tea. :)
    (I'm more of a red and purple coffee girl m'self)

    And of course everything is your favorite, that's what the SP thing is ALL about. We're SP's, we know these things.. ;)

    Good luck with Picovoli and the restraining!
    Here's a clue about me: I have more WIPs than there are hours in the day. ;)

    Sending you SP hugs,
    S. Pal

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet your Suri yarn would make a great shawl/scarf. There's a cute pattern in Melanie Falick's Weekend Knitting, but I can't remember what it's called.

    ReplyDelete