Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Thanks!

I want to thank everyone who has commented on Project Finished School. I really appreciate your thoughts. If you have not made the FMB, I highly recommend the pattern. It's a lot of fun, especially when you have great colors to work with (like Lime Green!). I had some questions asked about the "math" involved, and really, I didn't use much math.  The color pattern was a really simple gradient, using 10 row blocks. Here is how the pattern went:
Block1- 9 rows Lime Green, 1 row Turquoise
Block2- 8 rows Lime Green, 2 rows Turquoise
... and ending with
Block8- 2 rows Lime Green, 8 rows Turquoise
Block9-1 row Lime Green, 9 rows Turquoise
 
I did not take finished measurements, so I have no idea how big it was before felting and after, because it didn't really matter to me. I knew that it was going to be big enough, especially with the large stripe pattern. It's my opinion that it cannot be TOO big.
 
So on to the updates!
 
Knitting: Still working on the yoke of the Picovoli. I'm not knitting as much as I was a month ago, and it's hard to see progress, but I only have 8 rows to go on the yoke. I was reading ahead to the sleeve shaping, and got to thinking WTF! It just was not making sense at all. So I mapped it in Excel. Each little square is 2 stitches. I think this makes much more sense. If it's wrong, leave me a comment, so I don't completely screw up this project.
The daffodilly scarf is coming along. I worked on it a bit on Friday night. I really want to get it done so I can start on branching out.
 
Work: I love my new job. It is fantastic. I don't think I've ever been happier. There is a lot of work to do, but its not bad. And I'm respected. 
 
The rest of my life has been super boring. I need a vacation- which is coming up actually. The first week in July, we may be going up to Traverse City, Mi. I hope so. I just need to get a way for a few days.
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Allelejean:

    Thanks for posting the "math" for this bag. Its really cute and the colors are perfect together. I think this is going to go onto my knitting queue!!!

    ReplyDelete