Monday, May 01, 2006

Yeah, sorry, I suck.

I've been really busy, too busy to post, but I have a lot to update, and pictures coming soon.
 
1. The computer is back up and running, USB ports and all, which means I can transfer pictures from the camera to the computer to the blog! Yea!
 
1a- J and I spent 3 days working on my grandpa's computer. He had a virus, and I think I fixed it the first day, but the firewall and virus protection he got from his high-speed internet provider was weird and seemingly telling us that there were many viruses on his computer. Yeah, 3 reformats later, and we figure out its the software, not his computer. But on the upside, we have some more RAM on the way for his computer as his is sadly lacking memory.
 
2. Gardening is coming along. We got some beautiful dark purple short irises from my grandma yesterday, as well as some grape hyacinths. I took a bunch of pictures of flowers in my grandma's garden too, which will be up for posting soon. I'm going to have to start another Flickr group for all the botanical pictures I have.
 
3. Sports: The Detroit Red Wings are down in the first playoff series 3-2 to the Edmonton Oilers. Not cool. The Wings finished #1 in the league, with record breaking road wins, and they are behind to the #8 team in their division. Not cool. They play tonight in Edmonton, 8pm EST, and its do-or-die for the series.
 
4. Knitting: I'm nearly done with Phase 2 of 4, which will put me at more than half way. Tomorrow I'm going to try to get some close-ups so as not to give away the project, but still show some progress. I bought needles to start Picovoli, but they were the wrong size and length. Yeah, brilliant one on my part! I did start knitting up my hand dyed! I knit a swatch with garter, stockinette, and 1x1 rib on Saturday night, and on Sunday started a basic boring 1x1 rib scarf. I like the simplistic to show off a variegated yarn. I have not decided who the recipient will be, but I've got it narrowed down to 2.
 
5. Relates to the knitting, but friends of J have come up expecting! So my knitting pal Jenn and I are planning on a layette set for the baby. She has a Debbie Bliss baby knits book, and we've picked out several patterns to knit. They are all so cute! The hardest part is finding a good sub yarn for the discontinued Debbie Bliss Wool/Cotton. I think I am going to try to get some Cotton Fine from Brown Sheep.
 
6. Duke the Cat is a big fat jerk.
 
7. Home improvements have been made as well. We installed a new ceiling fan in the computer room and a new outdoor light on the front of the house. And J got the piece of wood to do the sophet over the kitchen sink. Now I've got to find some stained glass for the decorative cut outs.
 
8. I have decided to keep my blogger blog because I'm lazy. When I am ready for a pay site I will change over, but until then, I'm happy here.
 
Okay, I think that's all for now. Possibly more updates tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment