Tuesday, May 23, 2006

New Project!

I started Picovoli last night. Technically, I started it Sunday night- cast on and ripped out twice. Thus far I'm not really a fan of the provisional cast on, but apparently the third time is the charm. I'm only two rows in, and I'm going to see how long I can go on the 16 inch addis. I hope the minty dental floss (which is all I had on hand) isn't bad for the yarn. I'm using KnitPicks Shine in Blush. It's very pink and I love it. Compared to the US 8s I've been using these feel so TINY. I'm afraid that by the time I finish it the summer will be over and I won't be able to show it off.
 
I'm still tired. Very very tired. Last night was grocery shopping, since I did not go Sunday. Then I cooked dinner.... well actually, I started dinner, found out that my cream was bad, went shopping, finished dinner, and then just watched stupid TV. Then J want to play "God of War" on the Playstation, so I relinquished control of the TV to him and cast on Picovoli for the 3rd time (which I just talked about above). In the midst of all this, I did not get time to upload any photos, which is just as well, since I want to take pictures of the start of my new project. Tonight I will be spending a lot of time on the computer, so it will be the perfect time to get more pics up.
 
Well, time to work on ISO 14001! WOO!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with your Picovoli! I'm sure you'll do fine after you get the hang of the yarn and the needles.

    Sorry to hear the wedding was so-so.
    It bugs me too when people just don't seem to want to make an effort to dress up nicely. It's a WEDDING fer chrissakes!
    They'll look at the wedding pics years later and go "What on EARTH was I thinking wearing those flipflops?!"
    At least you looked smart. ;)

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep us posted on Picovli's progress - It is one of my next projects (though I think i'm going to do the version without the picot edging)

    ReplyDelete