Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Not really in the mood

I was planning on telling about the "wheels won't balance" saga, but really I just don't feel like getting into it again. As of right now, there doesn't appear to be anything wrong with my car, just fickle wheels. So it's all okay.
 
This morning I did not want to get out of bed. As I was brushing my teeth my morning mantra was "Only 2 more days... you can make it 2 more days!" Hooray for a holiday on Friday! My mom and I are going shopping for my birthday, I hope to get some spring/ summer clothes, skirts and tank tops... and my standard pair of cheap flip-flops. I love wearing sandals and flip-flops in the summer time as I grew up not wearing shoes more often than not, and the feeling of the grass between my toes just takes me back to being a kid.
 
I've been working on Project Finished School. I will be completed in 4 phases. Phase 1: the beginning, is nearing completion. I hope to have that done before I go out and buy needles to start picovoli in Knit Picks Shine Sport. I got the pretty pale pink color. I'm really excited to get that order. In fact, it should be here today, with quite a bit of yarn to dye, and a couple of color cards for good measure. If this order goes well, I'll be unstoppable! I'm already looking into making a clapotis in Knit Picks Elegance. I'm thinking of making it over sized and getting a nice pin, and using it at work instead of a cardigan in the summer. I'm also going to have to look into getting some ballet flats to wear to work, since we cannot wear open toed shoes to work.
 
So far I'm nowhere on the April Project Spectrum. But hopefully, this weekend, instead of dying Easter eggs I'll be dying yarn. I've decided on the Wilton Food Coloring method, instead of the Kool-Aid. I'm going to make one yellow and orange variegated and probably knit up a hat or scarf for a gift, since I don't wear those colors. They make me look sallow. I'll have some daffodil and tulip pictures later this week, I think. I know that something was close to blooming when I drove past today, next to my already blooming hydrangeas. Too bad its not the purple month! I'll just save those pictures up. :)
 
Tonight may be the great computer re-shuffle! J got a bunch of new stuff for his computer, so he can play the hi-def games, and that means I get some of his hand-me downs... like the motherboard. Which, once I get his motherboard, my current processor can work at higher speeds. Yea!

No comments:

Post a Comment