Friday, March 10, 2006

It's Friday

Another week down the drain. But I've gotten a lot of knitting done this week. Well, a lot of knitting for me to have done. I started my grandma's scarf on Monday night and I'm already 10 inches in. I figure I am going to go until I run out of yarn. Hopefully it will be at least 36 inches long, but I think I'll be cutting it close. The colors are beautiful though. I'm really quite happy with how its looking so far. The sides are curling in towards the wrong side, but it doesn't look bad.
 
Actually, I knit some more during my lunch time so I'm at 12 inches.
 
This weekend is going to be pretty boring. We are putting ourselves on a restricted spending budget until we get our income tax return. So for the rest of the month, at least, we will be purchasing only the necessities. Which, unfortunately for me, yarn is not a necessity, nor are Addis. (I want to make some fuzzy feet, but I don't have the right sized needles, and I figure if I'm going to buy needles, I might as well get the good ones). This spending moratorium should put us back on track with our savings goals, and get our budget straightened out. I think we went a little crazy spending on and after Christmas, and I didn't really pay enough attention to our accounts. Not good. That's something I'm going to have to change, starting today.
 
Other than that, I'm planning on a boring, er- uneventful- weekend. Just knitting and video games. I've got a "superbadge" to get on pogo.

No comments:

Post a Comment