Tuesday, February 21, 2006

"Happiness is such hard work, and harder every day"

I've wanted to use that lyric (from The Dismemberment Plan) as a blog title, but I hadn't felt like it correctly described my feelings. Until yesterday, that is. I got a call from position I interviewed for, and I did not get the job. I am still kind of depressed about the whole thing. Nothing like feeling hopelessly stuck in a job you hate. Anyway, the HR manager I spoke with was quite nice about the whole thing. Apparently I did quite well, but there is someone out there that is better than me. The HR manager did tell me about 2 other opportunities there may be for me, so all hope is not lost. I just have to work harder to find a job that will make me happy.
 
I've started collecting buttons from others blogs to add to mine. Be on the lookout for future updates to the format.
 
On to the knitting. Not much here to make me feel good about myself either. Still have hardly worked on the scarf in progress. Hopefully I can just sit down and knit for a bit tonight. I would like to have it to the half way point, which would only be about 4 more rows. I almost went to a yarn store at lunch time today, as the satin pjs and clearance tetsubin (sp) style teapot I bought last night did little to ease my depression. I did not break down and eat the plate of brownies I baked Saturday. Almost... but I held back.
 
Oh, and if you don't want to hear about girly TMI stuff, stop reading now.  I started the Nuvaring on Sunday. It's a little skeevy at first, and I'm really afraid that its going to fall out. But so far, we're doing good. That is all I am going to say here, but if you have any questions about my experiences so far, feel free to email me. I'll try to answer as honestly as possible.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment