Thursday, January 26, 2006

Tomorrow's the Day.

I've laid in a supply of mushy foods, and tonight I will be making a crap ton of Jell-o and a batch of homemade custard. I'm really starting to feel nervous, but hopefully cooking and otherwise preparing for it will make me feel a little better. Tonight's dinner will be crunchy shell tacos. I might even eat some popcorn too. I've got my Rx called into the pharmacy, so I'll pick that up tonight and get my bed all ready for my return from the oral surgeon.
 
I got some pretty pink yarn for Julie's scarf. I cannot wait to cast on. I think its going to be really pretty, though I keep going back and forth on what I want to do. I'm torn between doing lengthwise stripes in garter stitch, cutting off the ends of each row to make a thin fringe, or knitting it "regular" in a 3x2 rib pattern. I would use stockinette, but I don't want it to curl, though I could do a small border of 2x2 rib to combat that problem. hmm.. I don't really want to use a real pattern because I'm going to be all doped up on painkillers as I am trying to knit it. Plus its for a 4 year old, so I mostly want it to be somewhat durable, warm, and easy to care for. If anyone has any suggestions, please feel free to comment here.
 
I sent my resume for a job today. I really hope I get called. Things are not looking very good here. We may be following in the footsteps of Ford, but no where near that scale.

No comments:

Post a Comment