Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Wrestling the Porcupine

Thanks to the help of the Knitty Message Boards I fixed the troubles I was having with casting on and the first row on Double Pointed Needles. I know have nearly 4 inches of 2x2 ribbing complete. I was having a small problem with laddering when starting a needle on a purl stitch, but I fixed that by dividing my stitches so that each needle starts with knit stitches. I'll post a picture tonight or tomorrow. Most of it was made during Thanksgiving Part 3: Columbus, OH. Thanksgiving was lovely. Lots of food, lots of family, all the good stuff. My grandparents celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary this weekend too. We had a nice dinner out, then went back to their house and had a toast and cake. The kids (4 of them ages 8, 5, 3, and 3) were perfectly behaved at the restaurant and were adorable once we got back. But then Papa wasn’t feeling well, and is now in the hospital with bronchitis, trying to keep it from turning into pneumonia. I guess this is common after having part of a lung removed because of cancer. He is doing much better than he was Saturday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment